Monday, December 20, 2010

Artichoke Puffs

One of the most crowd-pleasing recipes happens to be one of the easiest recipes ever made. Molly suggested this too me and I laughed thinking no customer would ever like such an easy appetizer. So I did these as a joke for a ‘elegant” tasting and much to my surprise, they chose this recipe. I ended up producing about 32,400 of these in a 17-week period. It took almost a year before I was ready to see another one, though everyone keeps asking over and over for this recipe. Every time I get an order for these I hear my wife in the back of my head saying, “ I told you so”.

Artichoke Puffs

1 loaf sliced white bread
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup parsley
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, chopped
1-2 lbs. Shredded cheddar
cookie sheet

Preheat your oven to 400. Slice your bread in 2 inch cubes. Place them on cookie sheet and toast in oven for 5 minutes.

Take "toast pints" out of oven. Set your oven to broil. In a large bowl mix mayo, parm, parsley, onion powder Artichokes and cheddar together.

Turn toast points over and place artichoke mixture on top of the toast points. Place in broiler for roughly 3 minutes. You want the cheese to start to brown and become a little bubbly. Serve immediately

No comments: