Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gourmet done easy…. But tell them it took all day!!

A friend of ours just got back from an Alaskan fishing trip and returned with fresh-caught wild salmon. I usually am not a big salmon eater unless it is Alaskan or Pacific, simply because I prefer over its mushy cousin know as farm-raised Atlantic. I did not have much to work with - some local carrots (Anoka, MN) and whatever I had in the fridge.

I rubbed the salmon with a little olive, added some salt and pepper and grilled. Sliced the carrots and did the same. Rubbed some of the simple sauce, while both were cooking then twirled some carrots with a channel knife to garnish. Needed a little green for the plate and found I had one piece of sage tucked in the corner of the fridge. Total time 15 minutes...

Simple Crofut Grill Sauce
½ cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
¼ cup Crofut Frontenac
1 Chipotle pepper (minced)

Mix well. Rub on Veggies or Meats while on the grill… Yum!

\m/ Richard

No comments: