Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Perfect Holiday Steak

I remember growing up with traditional turkey or ham being served every holiday. I remember anticipating the dinner and the goodies that followed, which this “Husky” kid could not pass up. I was an odd kid, as I always looked forward to the meals on Christmas Eve before wondering what Saint Nick would leave for me Christmas morning. When most kids lay in bed counting sheep, I would count lamb chops with a light garlic and rosemary glaze. Let’s just say I was destined to become a cook.

Asking my friends and colleges what they are serving for the holidays; it seems that beef tenderloin has become the choice holiday feast of this generation. So I decided that I would share this recipe with you.

Here is a great steak rub that I use for almost any event. Pair this with Crofut Frontenac and you will have the perfect steak.

Dollarhide Espresso Steak Rub
8 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
1 tablespoon dehydrated garlic
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 tablespoon dried fennel
4 tablespoons ground espresso

Happy Holidays
The Dollarhides

No comments: